Saturday, September 23

YES AND NO

Becca isn't a big talker, she grunts, whines, signs if we make her and nods her head to questions. Now if she were our first child we would of course be very worried about her and wonder if there is something wrong because she's not talking. But she's very similar to Ben, except she whines A LOT more.

Today was one of those afternoons when she got up from her nap crabby. She only wanted to sit on her daddy's lap and grunted at Ben or I if we got to close to them. As we are watching a movie on TV there is a commercial with a mom and pre-teen/teenage daughter arguing. I look at Becca and asked "Are you and mommy going to argue like that?" and she nods "yes". We chuckle. I ask her if she's going to argue with her daddy and she nods "no". I know she didn't really know what she was "saying" but knowing that it is close to the truth makes it funny.

*******************************
In other news, I've went back to work. I'm working for a local CPA firm here in town doing bookkeeping. I love it because of the flexible hours. The kids are going to daycare and Ben's learning so much from Deb's new preschool program. Becca's learning that the world doesn't revolve around her and that not everyone gives into her when she whines. It's nice knowing that my kids are together and that I pick them up after lunch and bring them home and have them take a nap at home.
The best part of me working again is that I again have an outlet. Instead of watching the latest on Fox news or getting into people's business that I have no business getting into. My depression has improved. You know the saying "A happy momma makes a happy family" and that definitely where we are at right now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

chuckling doesn't even come close for me. I roared with laughter. But then I couldn't tell what was funnier: Becca's answers or your look of shock. I love you honey!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a 13 month old and we've tried to teach him sign like we did our first two. I have 3 boys and 1 girl... she whines the most.

My hubby says all the time, "A happy wife is a happy life."

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home