Sunday, July 2

Happy 4th Birthday Ben

Today my Benjamin turned four years old. It seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital and were celebrating each milestone of his first year. Now we are getting to know the boy that baby once was.

Ben is a wonderful, sensitive boy. He still wants to cuddle each morning. I have to remind myself that NOTHING is more important than sharing that time with him because soon he will not want to. He loves his sister and although she's starting to bug him a little bit more and they are starting to have little "tiffs" every now and then. Usually it's because Becca has found something of his and is playing with it. Those moments happen several times a day it seems but they are always intermixed with moments when I hear both of them giggling in the other room. When I ask what is going on I hear "I'm making Becca laugh". Oh what a good big brother.

Benjamin - Momma still sees that little baby that I remember stealing my heart 4 years ago. You will always be the person who made me a mom - who gave me the job that I always wanted. Although there are times when you frustrate me and we have a battle of wills, there is no other thing that I want to be - I love being Ben and Becca's mom. I can't wait for you to start soccer this fall. You told Papa today on the phone that you are going to run down the field and score a point. I'm sure you will do it with your whole heart!

One of my favorite things that you just started doing is singing praise songs. Your favorite song right now is the new Matt Redman "Never Let Go". As you sing the chorus to the song it is my prayer that you will come to understand how true that song is. God will never let you go son, through the calm and through the storm - he is there. In every high and every low that you will experience in life he is there holding on - never letting you go. As I hear you singing songs that you listen to while the radio is playing, I will ask you who the songs are talking about. You will tell me - "Jesus". It makes me realize that your dad and I are doing a good job. We are teaching you what matters most.

I want you to know how proud your daddy and I are of you. You are very well behaved and enjoy life to it's fullest. I can't wait to see what this next year of life will bring our way, but I can rest assured that no matter what it is you will face it with a zest for life. With you here we will laugh and enjoy whatever may come to us.

I love you, oh child of my heart,
Momma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home