Sunday, August 20

Her name is Becky and other cute things

*When we named Rebecca we wanted her known as Rebecca or Becca. Ben lately has taken to calling her Becky. It's cute to here him say it. I don't know if he calls her this because we call have called him Benny for so long or exactly why. Up until this time she's been known as Baby Becca or just Becca.

*Another cute thing Ben's started doing is praying for our meal. His prayers always start the same "Bless this food to our bodies and our bodies to Your service" It's the part after that where we learn exactly what he's thinking. Sometimes he will pray that we all will go to Walmart after dinner so he can get a notebook or sometimes it's praying for ice cream after his bath. He also will thank the Lord for things that stand out to him. Today he thanked God for a good nap. It's wonderful to see that it just isn't words that he's repeating but he's also bringing wants and desires and a thankful heart to his God.

*Since Walter and I fell in love (6 years ago this month) he has told me 3 reasons why he loves me every night before we go to sleep. It is something that we do to our kids. The other night Ben and I were having a 'pajama party' (watching a movie while daddy was at the church working Friday night). After the movie was over I turned out the lights and he wanted to cuddle. I started telling him reasons why I loved him and he started telling me reasons why he loved me. "Because you are the best cuddler" "Because you are my best buddy" "Because you love me" Does parenting get better than this? I don't know how it could.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Such wonderful memories you are making!

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home