Friday, April 14

Who are the best parents you know?

This question was posed to a bunch of moms. People said their parents, grandparents, etc., but one mom had the courage to say said that she and her husband were the best parents she knew. That has always stuck with me. She was confident in her parenting style to know that she was doing a good job. I didn't take it as a prideful thing, just the truth. If that question was now posed to me I would say that Walter and I are the best parents that I know. Do we do everything perfect, heck no! We make all kinds of mistakes, but we are confident in what we are doing because we know that we are doing the best with the knowledge and the tools that God has given us.

I got to thinking about this today because I really have two pretty confident kids. I took them to the dentist and Ben marches back with the hygenist like he knows exactly what is going on and what he is doing. Becca lets people hold her and never really gets super upset if someone new is around. She looks for Walter and I (or her brother) and as long as she knows we are close she's just fine.

I'm proud to say that I'm one of the best parents that I know. My kids are happy, healthy and fun to be around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home